ECAV delivers nationally recognised qualifications and courses through the NSW Health Registered Training Organisation (RTO Number 90198). Nationally recognised qualifications can be identified by the Nationally Recognised Training (NRT) logo.
ECAV now offers ten courses on the NSW Health RTO Scope:
- 10619NAT Certificate IV in Aboriginal Family Wellbeing and Violence Prevention Work
- 10634NAT Advanced Diploma of Aboriginal Specialist Trauma Counselling
- 10724NAT Graduate Certificate in the Medical and Forensic Management of Adult Sexual Assault
- 10713NAT Graduate Certificate in Men's Behaviour Change Individual and Group-work Interventions
- 10723NAT Medical and Forensic Photography for Violence, Abuse and Neglect
- 10826NAT Graduate Certificate in Integrated Violence, Abuse and Neglect Interventions
- DV601 Practical skills in responding to people who experience domestic violence (which includes the units of competence CHCDFV012 and CHCDFV001)
- AB32 Skills in child protection for Aboriginal workers (which is mapped to the unit of competence CHCPRT001)
- IN1018 Developing Culturally Safe Trauma Informed Practice in Aboriginal Communities (which includes the units of competence CHCDIV002, CHCPRP006)
- 10804NAT Course in Bilingual Community Education Work (which includes the units of competence CHCGRP002, CHCDIV001 and TAEDEL401)
Please download a copy of the Student Handbook HERE. Students should read the handbook prior to making their choice about undertaking training with NSW Health RTO.
Some ECAV courses have pre-requisite requirements outlined in the course information. Pre-requisites ensure that participants have the foundational knowledge required to develop skills in specialised areas. If you have not attended the pre-requisite course but feel that you have equivalent knowledge and skills, please contact the ECAV Course Co-ordinator to discuss.
USI & AVETMISS
A Unique Student Identifier (USI) is your individual education number for life and gives you an online record of your VET training undertaken in Australia. If you're at university, TAFE or doing other nationally recognised training, you need a USI to obtain your qualification or statement of attainment.
AVETMISS stands for the Australian Vocational Education and Training Management Information Statistical Standard. It is a national data standard which ensures the consistency and accuracy of vocational education and training (VET) information and covers the national VET data collections.
When you receive a confirmation email, we will advise you about USI & AVETMISS requirements and support you through this process.
Smart and Skilled
Students may be eligible for Smart and Skilled Funding. Please visit the Smart and Skilled website for more information.
Note: Due to COVID-19 restrictions, the delivery mode will include distance-based learning e.g. webinars using online video conferencing platforms such as Zoom, GoToTraining & Skype. Additional student support will be provided to accommodate this change.